…where two trained philosophers discuss contemporary culture, society, and politics. Join us as we get curious and think hard about what’s going on in our dynamic wide world. Each episode, we weave together topics as current as the Black Lives Matter movement, the status of feminism, or the crafter “Etsy economy” with those as timeless as meaning, value, identity, truth, and knowledge.
- #25: On Racist Jokes (Funny Ones)
Is it ok to laugh at racist jokes? Does it make you racist? Does it matter who is telling the joke? José tries to stake a position between calling out racist jokes as harmful, and not becoming so politically correct that we take ourselves too seriously. Also, Danielle and José each tell—and laugh at—some racist jokes.
- Talk about philosophy with Danielle! She is leading a workshop on Buddhism in Portland, OR. Learn more and join here!
- Our music was graciously provided by BenSound.
- Audio engineering and editing services were benevolently provided by Dan Short.
- Come visit our website, our Facebook Page, or talk to us on twitter @thinkhardpod, @DanielleLaSusa, @themuniz.
This week, we’re sponsored by Audible. Right now, Think Hard listeners will get a special offer of one free audiobooks by signing up at thinkhardpodcast.com/audible. After 30 days, you get one audiobook a month for $14.95/month, and you’ll receive 30% off the price of additional audiobook purchases. Cancel at any time. A member’s books are theirs to keep, even if they cancel. That’s thinkhardpodcast.com/audible.Continue reading →