…where two trained philosophers discuss contemporary culture, society, and politics. Join us as we get curious and think hard about what’s going on in our dynamic wide world. Each episode, we weave together topics as current as the Black Lives Matter movement, the status of feminism, or the crafter “Etsy economy” with those as timeless as meaning, value, identity, truth, and knowledge.
- #38: Does the truth matter? Did it ever?
Danielle and José wonder if the truth matters. Why do we (including your hosts!) often believe things in the face of contrary evidence? What separates us from those who endanger themselves (and the world) by refusing to acknowledge the truth, and acting out of what they want to be true. After considering how enmeshed our beliefs, desires, and wills are, they turn to some practical solutions for saving ourselves (and the world) from this danger.
- José totally promised to insert a (rather funny) drawing, but Instagram doesn’t allow that (boo!). Here is the artist: Olivia de Recat
- Our music was graciously provided by BenSound.
- Audio engineering and editing services were benevolently provided by Dan Short.
- Come visit our website, our Facebook Page, or talk to us on twitter @thinkhardpod, @DanielleLaSusa, @themuniz.
This week, we’re sponsored by Audible. Right now, Think Hard listeners will get a special offer of one free audiobooks by signing up at thinkhardpodcast.com/audible. After 30 days, you get one audiobook a month for $14.95/month, and you’ll receive 30% off the price of additional audiobook purchases. Cancel at any time. A member’s books are theirs to keep, even if they cancel. That’s thinkhardpodcast.com/audible.Continue reading →